Murder Defense Attorneys
Murder is the most serious charge a defendant can face. In numerous states, the sentence for murder can even include the death penalty. It is obvious that if you are facing even the slightest possibility of a murder charge, you should hire the most skilled and qualified criminal defense attorney available to you. The attorneys at DeCarlis & Sawyer have handled a number of various murder cases, and have been proven to produce positive case results. Having an aggressive defense attorney could bring lesser charges and lighter penalties.
It is important that you contact a defense attorney as soon as possible. Defense for your case can start as early as when the police begin their investigation. Our attorneys will protect you and defend your rights throughout the duration of your case. Many people do not realize that most murder cases do not go to trial and are settled beforehand. These negotiations come with extremely high stakes, and it is imperative that you have a professional attorney handle the plea bargain.
Murder Degrees and Penalties
There are many different types of murder crimes that an individual could be charged for, including:
- First Degree or Premeditated Murder is the intentional killing of another person with a premeditated plan to kill.
- Second Degree Murder occurs when you commit an extremely dangerous act with little concern for human life and someone else is killed by result.
- Third Degree Murder occurs when you unintentionally kill a person while committing, or attempting to commit, a non-violent felony.
- Manslaughter occurs when you intentionally kill another without a premeditated plan, or when you kill someone by culpable negligence.
- DUI Manslaughter occurs when you are driving a vehicle and have a blood or breath alcohol level over a .08 or above, or are under the influence of alcohol to the extent that your senses are impaired, and as a result of being in this condition cause the death of another.
- Vehicular Homicide occurs when you drive a vehicle in a reckless manner that is likely to cause death or bodily injury, and someone is actually killed as a result of such driving.
- Conspiracy is an agreement between parties to commit a crime.
Gainesville Legal Representation
Our team of legal professionals understands the seriousness of your situation, and will work with you through every step of your case. Every step must be carefully planned and executed. If you or someone you know is being charged with murder, contact us immediately to schedule your initial complimentary consultation to discuss your legal options. You pay nothing unless one of our lawyers wins your case.