Sex Crime Defense Attorneys
Facing charges for a sex crime can have life-altering legal and personal effects. The stigma associated with sex crimes could ruin your reputation, and could potentially cause you to lose your job and even your family. If you have been charged with a sex crime, it is crucial that you contact a criminal defense attorney immediately. Our team of legal professionals at DeCarlis & Sawyer assume your right of innocence unless you are proven guilty in a court of law.
The attorneys at DeCarlis & Sawyer have experience handling a variety of sex crimes cases, including:
- Possession or involvement in child pornography
- Indecent exposure
- Sexual Abuse
Sex Crimes Penalties
While there are different penalties depending on the severity and type of sex crime committed, the following penalties are applied to all felony sex offenses in Florida:
- Sex Offender Registration: If you are convicted of a felony sex crime in Florida, you will be required to register with the state and National Sexual Offender registrations.
- Imprisonment: Though it varies depending on the crime, all felony sex crimes in Florida carry a mandatory prison sentence.
- Civil Commitment Proceedings: If you have been convicted of a felony sex crime, the State Attorney may seek to have you committed to a commitment facility after the completion of their criminal sentence.
- Probation: If you are convicted of a sex crime and then released, you will be put on Sex Offender Probation. This probation regulates where you can live and work, imposes a curfew, and requires sexual offender counseling.
Aggressive and Experienced Legal Representation
Defending sex crimes is a lot more difficult than the majority of other crimes, that is why it is imperative that you have a tenacious defense attorney with experience handling sex crimes and the specialized police and attorneys working on the case. Our legal professionals are well-versed in the Florida laws concerning sex crimes, and will work one-on-one with clients to build the strongest defense possible. If you or someone you know is being charged with a sex crime, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your legal options. No fees apply unless we win your case.