What to do if you are injured in an automobile accident

In the event of a car accident, you should follow these steps to ensure that an attorney can compile a successful case and you can receive compensation for your injuries.

  • If no other party has done so, call 911 to report your accident
  • Obtain the name, address, telephone number, insurance company and policy number of the drive at fault
  • Collect names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all witnesses to the accident
  • Take pictures of all physical damage done to your vehicle
  • Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and request an “Application for No-Fault Benefits”
  • Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company without consulting an attorney and understanding your rights and obligations under Florida law
  • Seek immediate medical care in order to properly document your injuries and their severity

What to do if you are injured on the job

If you are ever injured while at work, it is crucial that you follow these steps so that your personal injury lawyer can better assist you with your case, and so that you can receive maximum compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses.

  • Report the accident to your supervisor immediately (You may not be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits if the accident is not reported within 30 days)
  • Insist that your employer complete an accident report
  • Request that your employer provide you with medical care (You must receive medical care from a physician authorized by your employer or its carrier)
  • Alert your physician to all physical injuries–even minor ones– sustained from the accident
  • Do not exceed 365 days between visits to your employer/carrier authorized physician (If you fail to receive authorized treatment within 365 days of your last visit, your Workers’ Compensation claim may be dismissed, preventing receipt of further benefits)

Contact Us

If you are in need of legal assistance, for Criminal Defense, Personal Injury or Car Accident. Contact us for a consultation today.